STATEMENT OF FAITH
Note: This is not the complete doctrinal statement of KMCC, but a condensed version of that statement to which each member of KMCC must agree.
Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. — Ephesians 4:3-6
- One Body: We believe that everyone who receives the gift of salvation is adopted into God’s family, which is described in Scripture as the body of Jesus Christ.
- One Spirit: We believe that God the Holy Spirit lives in every child of God; teaching, equipping and enabling him to become increasingly more like Jesus.
- One Hope: We believe Jesus will return to take his church back to heaven with Him where we will spend eternity in the presence of God.
- One Lord: We believe the Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross to provide salvation for all mankind and that He was physically raised from the dead.
- One Faith: We believe that because of sin, man faces eternal damnation and is unable to save himself, but that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received exclusively through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins.
- One Baptism: We believe that baptism is the child of God’s means of identification with Jesus and the family of God commanded by Jesus before He returned to Heaven.
- One God and Father of All: We believe in on Triune God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.